The Search for the Best Galette Des Rois

From NYT Cooking Gallette Des Rois Recipe
I have an obsession that started about 7 years ago when I was first introduced to French Kings Cake by a French VP for a designer jewelry line I worked for in midtown Manhattan. Our local Le Pain Quotidien created a pretty masterful rendition of the traditional Kings cake.  Simple, flaky and creamy where it mattered. I was thrilled by his surprise morning delivery of such an elegant yet rustic looking dessert.

I have since had the pleasure of tasting different variations, most recently from Maison Kayser, which almost hit the level of perfect decadence that Le Pain was able to achieve.  I want to know which is your favorite Kings Cake/Gallette De Rois?

I think I am going to attempt my own and I am going to start with this New York Time's recipe, wish me luck and I will check in with my success or failure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Demitasse Lass!

Cough and Cold Season: The Search for Natural Remedies