Cough and Cold Season: The Search for Natural Remedies



This season has seen its share of raging viruses and unbearable infections, attacking even the most impenetrable immunity systems.  Many I know who haven't seen a cold in years felt it this year.  As I navigate my second head cold of the year I am navigating different natural ways to treat my symptoms.

One of my favorite food remedies for any kind of sickness is chicken soup, something I cannot live without when I am feeling unwell.  I'll share my favorite recipe later but this is always my starting point.  Hot liquids in general have a wonderful effect on me during upper respiratory battles.  Since I am also a big fan of tea I have discovered a few different ingredients that have always been heavily recommended to me to help with cough, congestion and boosting immunity.

Growing up in a hispanic household I was also treated to a host of unusual remedies with the same goal of ridding us of coughs, stomach bugs, lethargy etc.  One of my favorite remedies (that I haven't tried in a while because its a bit of a chore to bring my head around to doing it) was recommended to me in high school by a classmate that swore mixing honey and liquified spoon of raw onion would help even the worst bouts of congestion.

I would love to chat about your favorite remedies and try a few out! Post in the comments below your tried and true natural remedies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Demitasse Lass!

The Search for the Best Galette Des Rois